Tuesday 13 March 2012

A Little Outing

So we've had a warm winter and early spring here in Southern Ontario, and the swans (tundra, I think) have arrived early, too. They usually migrate early April, from Chesapeake Bay to the Arctic, but this year they overwintered on Lake Erie. They stop on
several local lakes, and we went to see them here near Cambridge. Very exciting. Many people just stopped on the road, but we hiked from the road to get a better look, and I got better photos from the other side of the lake. While we were standing in the forest, we also saw quite a few woodpeckers, and
I managed to capture this close-up. It was a very nice adventure. A little nature is just as inspirational for me as sewing and quilting is, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!