Monday 31 May 2010

Quilt Festival in St. Jacobs

I spent Saturday at the Waterloo County and Area Quilt Festival. The only venues left for me were in St. Jacobs, where I love going anyway. And what a treat. I saw so many wonderful quilts.

Featured within a grouping of local quilters was a fabulous display of very well made and beautiful quilts by Dorothy Sittler of Elmira. Inspiring and creative quilted vests and jackets by Sandra Thomas were also featured. Helen Hughes of Guelph was in attendance with a good selection of her fibre art quilts.

And of course, I had to visit Reichard's quilt store right in St. Jacobs, and the merchant mall. I picked up a few, ok a lot, of fat quarters, books, and coloured bits of trims to use in my photo landscape quilts.

A big push in the garden on the weekend has done wonders for the garden and little for my sewing. The garden is pretty well all taken care of at the moment, so I'll be able to resume sewing. The list is getting longer, though. I bought a few summer clothes that need alterations. And after seeing Sandra Thomas's work, I am inspired to make some quilt vests for myself. How does that happen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!