Wednesday 7 April 2010

Shiny New Blog

Finally got around to setting up a blog about my quilting. It's been an incredible journey so far, and seems to be on the cusp of big change. I've been dabbling in art quilting, while still working on complex pieced quilts. So many ideas, so little time. . .
I made this tote bag recently from a re-purposed denim skirt. I raw edge appliqued the flowers, and added beading and embroidery, and lined it with the same fabric I used for the applique. It was a bit tricky to do the quilting and still get the pockets to open. I had most of the seams apart, and used the hem seams for the straps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about my quilting world. Your comments mean so much to me, so feel free to let me know what you think, about anything!